Wednesday, December 3, 2008

1st day of training

Yesterday was my 1st day with my personal trainer Amanda. She is great! I had not met her until yesterday. She worked me hard though. We immediately started with lunges and did not stop for one hour. I am so sore. She said I would be; I knew I would be. Sitting down or getting up is such a chore. I can barely put on my make-up or put socks on my feet. She said I was not in too bad of shape and that I should see results quickly. That was comforting to hear. Owen and I are going to walk/run (really jog) tonight with Ralphie to help loosen up the muscles. Owen suggested I take some Advil for the pain...that did not even cross my mind. I just took it...so hopefully it will help elevate some of the soreness. I am also keeping a daily journal of my meals and when I eat. Amanda's husband is a nutritionist so they will help me get on track there as well. I feel like this is such a positive move for not only me, but Owen too. Sometimes we can get so comfortable with a certain lifestyle that is hard to change it. I think working out with Amanda will help motivate me. She is so fit but she was not always fit. She started out like I am, which I like b/c she understands where I am coming from. With all that said, I have no idea how tomorrow's work out is going to go, because I am so sore now...

2 comments:

melanie said...

Sounds like she is really working out for you! Good luck with all of it. Baths help as well for muscle soreness!

Telena said...

I was wondering how it went!! I need one too (a personal trainer) but don't know how I'd find the time!! (I know, probably just another excuse...) Hope the walk/jog helps you tonight! :)

Pageviews last month