Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Missing Starkville

I just knew this would be the season that my little family of four would go to alot of football games at Mississippi State. My parents have season tickets for us and they now have a house with a bedroom with our name on it. But we have only been to one game and the bulldogs are having their best season yet!



Right now they are 7-0! I can't believe it!!! But am so very happy. This Saturday's game is in Tuscaloosa and we are playing the #1 team in the country but I have a feeling that Bama team is going to be surprised by our Bulldogs. I will be in Virginia visiting my cousin Anne and am hoping since her husband is a huge football fan that the game will be on so I can watch!

This season has taught me a lot. Mainly that life happens in ways that are definitely not in your plan. Having two little guys who need sleep and who go to bed between 6 and 7:30 does not make it easy to attend games at night. All of the games have been at night!

And throw in a husband who had surgery during football season definitely means no traveling. However we have had fun this season. We are wear our maroon and white on Fridays and Saturdays. We have family football parties and have loved seeing our team do so well on the field.

But I do miss going. I miss the walk through and the pep rally routine before each game. I want my boys to know about these traditions. But I also miss seeing my parents every other week during the fall.

With all of that said - GO DAWGS!!! I can't wait to see what this Saturday has in store for two top SEC schools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roll Tide! :)

Love you!

Pageviews last month