Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sam is 6 months old









My baby is a half a year old! I will be planning that first birthday party before I know it. He is the sweetest baby. He gives great hugs and snuggles in to give a kiss or better yet for you to kiss him.

Here are some 6 month updates for Samuel.

* His stomach has not been doing well. He is spitting up at least once a day after he eats. It isn't violent and he seems happy afterwards. He hasn't had a fever and doesn't seem to be struggling with going to the bathroom. I have called the doctor's office twice and both times I have been told that as long as he doesn't have a fever and is going to the bathroom then he should be fine. That is nice to hear but when he does spit up I feel so sad and worried.

* Since he is spitting up we haven't been feeding him as much. And that means I have not been waking him up between 9 and 10 pm to eat one last time. So for the past two days he has woken up at 3 am for a little snack. But goes right back to sleep.

* He is trying to sit up on his own. He is sitting up better in the bath tub. He has is own tub and there is a middle part that helps him balance. He loves splashing the water with his hands and kick with his feet.

* He smiles all the time. And it is a big smile. It melts my heart.

* We have tried solid foods with him. He has eaten carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. He seems to understand the concept of the spoon but does not like the taste of these foods. I tried bananas to see if he would eat something with a better taste and of course he gobbled those up. Once I know for sure his tummy is ok I am going to try the green vegetables.

* He is a side sleeper now. It is so cute. When I lay him down he curls to the side. He looks so comfortable.



* Sam is wearing 6-12 month clothes - best fit is 9 months. And he is in size 3 diapers.

* We have his well baby check up next Tuesday so I am eager to see how much he has grown. And to talk to the doctor more about his spitting up.

* Sam has started babbling the b sound. Like bah bah and bye. Today he stuck his tongue out - he thought he was so funny.

* Andrew is really connected to Sam. He knows his tummy hurts and asks about him. He likes to go with me to wake Sam up. Today I got a hugging moment from the both of them.



I know all moms say this but seeing these two together makes me very happy. I pray that they have a lifetime friendship.

I am sure I have left something out. If I did I will write again when we have his 6 month check up.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's 6 months already! Andrew always looks like the protective big brother in the pictures! Love it!
Love,
Telena

Pageviews last month