Monday, June 25, 2012

The Greatest Show on Earth

We took the boys to the "Greatest Show on Earth" this Saturday. We went to the Ringling Brother's Circus in New Orleans! It was one of the best experiences. Andrew sat motionless for one hour and Sam was motionless for 30 minutes. Andrew sat on Owen's lap and he had his fists balled up and Owen said he could feel his heart racing. By the 2nd half Andrew was sitting in his seat and clapping his hands when the clowns asked him too. It could not have gone better. I didn't know how Sam would do. I actually thought he would go to sleep but I could not have been more wrong. First I am not sure how he could have gone to sleep with the lights and the music - too much going on to sleep. Besides that Sam really got into it. His eyes followed the acts and I think he had a great time.

It lasted longer than we thought. We went to the 3:00 show and it was over at 5. After we went to dinner and stayed in traffic on the interstate due to road work, we didn't get home until 10 pm! But both boys went with the flow.

It was an absolutely perfect experience with the exception of Sam not feeling well. He had an upset tummy the whole weekend and spit up immediately after he ate. I am not sure if he had a virus (no fever and he didn't "act" sick) or if we were over feeding him (he eats ever 2-3 hours still, so maybe he needs to go 4 hours) or if he is having an intolerance to the formula. I am at a loss because he also spit up after I nursed him. Yesterday we only fed him pedilyte until he went to sleep. I nursed him then and he kept it down all night. We had mommy and me and he nursed this morning and before mommy and me and he kept that down. So hopefully he has bounced back. So other than Sam spitting up on me at lunch, Owen at the circus, and on himself in the car - all was well.

Here are some pictures of the circus!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of taking the kids next month, it will be here in Houston. Were there a lot of clowns? Reese is deathly afraid of clowns and no need to go if she's going to be afraid the whole time. :(

Pageviews last month