Thursday, October 13, 2011

28 & 29 Weeks Pregnant with Sam



I am in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy! WOW!! On one hand I feel like I have been pregnant forever and then on the other hand I feel like we just told our families. I think having Andrew's birthday so close to Sam's that my mind can't process all of the new changes.

Updates so far with Sam are:
* My sciatic nerve is MUCH better. I have been seeing a massage therapist who I think has helped me. Also Sam is bigger now so maybe he moved away from that nerve. I still have back pain, but normal pregnancy pain - not I want to purchase a hove around and never walk again pain.
* His room is slowly (and I mean slowly) coming along. I don't love his bedding but am trying not to think about it. I picked the wrong website to order from. I am hoping with the room decorations that the bedding won't bother me as much. We are still going with a nautical theme.
* He moves all of the time - I LOVE it!

I had my 29th week check up and glucose screening on Tuesday. We also had an ultrasound done. I didn't want to write or verbally talk about this part of my pregnancy with Sam b/c it just made me cry. But at our 20 week ultrasound they saw a choroid plexus cyst in his head. It was small and my OB told me NOT TO WORRY! She said the new ultrasound equipment was extremely sensitive and was picking up things that they were never able to see before. A choroid plexus cyst is related to genetic disorders, specifically trisomy 18. I cried for a week and every time I thought about it I would tear up. Luckily the internet saved me b/c I read many message boards both recent and old postings about this happening to other people and they all the same result - HEALTHY BABIES!! But we would not know for sure until the 28th week ultrasound. Apparently this when the cysts disappear if they are going to disappear. Sam had one cyst. Let me tell you that 20 week ultrasound was odd. Both Owen and I knew something was different. The tech kept looking at his brain. I thought that was odd and kept asking her if he was perfect. She finally said, "I can't tell you, the doctor will inform you if something is wrong". Then when we got back to the doctor's room she came in and was off her normal game with us. Owen said he could tell in her face she had news for us. She was great about it and gave us the do not worry speech but again I worried for 9 weeks. Nine weeks is a long time to not know if you are carrying a healthy baby or a baby that will die with in hours of being born.

So here we are at 29 weeks and our ultrasound was perfect! NO cysts. I knew the tech could not tell us if something was wrong so I made a point not to ask her. However later Owen told me I asked her 4 times if Sam was ok. Just think of how many times I would have asked if I wasn't trying to ask! Not only is he growing right on track but he weighs 2 lbs and 15 ounces which is above average for 29 weeks. Looks like he will be a big boy like his brother.

We are scheduled to give birth on Dec. 27th at 7 am. That means we have to be at the hospital at 5 am! Early morning for all of us :)

The nurse called me today and my blood sugar is fine. It is 106 and 130 is the minimum limit for gestational diabetes. So luckily I don't have to worry with that during this pregnancy. However I am anemic and need to take iron. But the bad part is I have been taking iron pills since my first trimester b/c I was anemic last time. So now I have to take two iron supplements. But I think iron helps my energy level so if taking two pills a day helps with that, I am all on board. :)

That is where we are with Sam! We start going to the doctor every two weeks now. It is go time - which means, I must finish his room :)

2 comments:

Telena said...

I would have been a nervous wreck with worry as well! So, so glad that everything turned out okay, God answers prayers!! :) You look fabulous!!!
Love you!

The Campbells said...

I am so sorry that you had to worry and be scared for so long! I can't even imagine keeping that inside. I am so happy that he is perfect and growing so well and that you're back pain is better. :-) Love you!!!

Pageviews last month