Friday, July 8, 2011

19 Months Old


(what a face he is making...)

My baby boy is 19 months old. WOW! We have a toddler! He is looking more like a little boy to me than a baby. His legs are so long that they hang off the car seat and high chair (not by much...but still, those two things used to make him look so tiny and now they don't).

Some fun facts about Andrew this month are:

* He is starting to put phrases together. His favorite and most understandable is "bye-bye dadda".
* When he sees a star he starts to sing "twinkle, twinkle little star"...the part he sings is "up above the"
* He listens to two children cds in the car and he is now singing to some of the words. This is actually one of my favorite moments with Andrew.
* He can answer yes or no appropriately. This is so great to me b/c we can have little conversations with each other.
* He tells us what he wants to eat for a snack and when he is hungry. He went on an apple bar kick this past month and now has been asking for cheese. When I pick him from school I have chocolate milk with me and the first thing he says when he sees my car is "milk".
* He seems to have a great memory. Owen and I are constantly impressed with what he remembers.
* We have started to use time out and he understand this. Again - I am amazed. Yesterday he was spilling his milk on purpose on of the side tables in the living room. I said Andrew we don't do that you are going to time out. He stopped what he was doing and went to our time out corner and sat down. He stayed there long enough for me to clean up the milk and go get him. I was AMAZED!!! They have to be doing this at school. I meant to ask today when I dropped him off.

He is the sweetest and happiest little boy.

2 comments:

The Campbells said...

He looks so grown-up in this picture! He really doesn't look like a baby anymore. :-(
PS--forgot to mention on my other comment that I love your baby names!

Telena said...

I love, love, love his plaid shorts! He's just so cute!!

Pageviews last month