Friday, July 8, 2011

13 weeks



Owen took this picture of me at 13 weeks pregnant (how funny is Ralphie in this picture). I am now 15 1/2 weeks pregnant. We had our monthly visit yesterday and all seemed well. We heard baby's heart beat loud and clear. That always makes me smile and feel extremely happy and blessed. Next month is our ultrasound visit and I can't wait to find out if we are having a little girl or a little boy. We picked out baby names for both. If our baby is a boy he will be Samuel (Sam) Marshall. Samuel is an "old" Rust family name and Marshall is my dad's and brother's middle name. If our baby is a girl she will be Lucy Margaret. Lucy is another "old" Rust family name and Margaret is my middle name. Margaret is also a family name on both sides of my family.

I have felt ok during this pregnancy. I have an enormous appetite and feel hung over 60% of the day. Maybe one day those symptoms will go away. I have forgotten what it feels like to feel "normal". Since I have scar tissue from my c section with Andrew, I feel a lot more movement than I did with Andrew. I don't think I am actually feeling baby, but I can feel things moving around and growing bigger to accommodate baby.

We talk about baby with Andrew. Of course, he does not fully understand but he does know where baby's room will be and he hears me pray for baby at night during bed time.

We are very excited to welcome this little one into our family and become a family of four.

3 comments:

The Campbells said...

You look great! :-)

Telena said...

I LOVE the names!!! :)

Amanda said...

Ralphie is totally cracking me up in this picture! It looks like he is even holding his paw across his belly too! And you do look great, you're glowing!

Pageviews last month