Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bottles No More

Bye-Bye Bottles



There are no more bottles in our kitchen. I packed them all up on Monday and put them away for another day. Andrew has been drinking out of a sippy cup for a while now, but I didn't think he was getting enough liquids, so I was giving him a bottle at night after dinner to make sure he was getting enough. This was the only way he would still sit in my lap and drink. Well, he started loosing interest in this one on one time and was not finishing the bottle. So I decided if the interest isn't there then it is a good time to say bye-bye to the bottle. I think this makes me more sad than Andrew. I really enjoyed that time.

Another thing that is happening right now is his fascination with Owen (daddy). I knew the time was coming when Andrew would want Daddy over Mommy and I am afraid this week has been the start of it :( I am of course happy for Owen b/c it is the best feeling in the world when your child reaches for you and gives you a big hug. Last night Andrew through a fit b/c it was time to go to bed and that meant no more daddy time.

Things are changing in the Munton household. Our baby is truly becoming a toddler and I am not sure I am ready for all this. But the crazy thing is, it doesn't matter if I am ready or not...he is growing, changing and healthy. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Telena said...

I remember packing up Reese's bottles and it was so bittersweet. :( Welcome to toddlerhood, Mama! :) Talk about the ride of your life--I'm sure until we reach teenage years! ha! The good thing about boys is that they are ALWAYS close to their mamas so I have a feeling you'll have nothing to worry about! :)

Pageviews last month