Thursday, May 26, 2016

No More Sippy Cups

There are no more sippy cups in our house. Owen has been commenting that I Sam has used sippy cups longer than Andrew did. I think the reason is Andrew seemed very ready to move into new phases of life. I also thought Andrew was bigger than we probably was. Sam on the other hand is my baby. He drinks milk like a pro. It is basically his only source of calories. So I have been delaying it.

Then I read a post on facebook about how sippy cups really aren't good for speech reasons. This is a fact I have known. However, reading it again helped me realize that Sam is too old for sippy cups.

That night I asked Sam if he was ready to throw them away (it was a crutch for him too). I told him about the article and it clicked with Sam. That day he threw them away and we have not looked back.

Sam does not drink as much milk now. I am hoping that means he will become hungrier for other things.

Who knows...but I do know we are moving in the right direction. Sam is growing up and I am sad about it.

No comments:

Pageviews last month