Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Meet Elphie

As I have mentioned, Beck had to go "bye-bye". I decided to go with the approach of out with the old and in with the new. Beck probably meant as much to me as Sam. I loved that he had. I loved it calmed him down (b/c he gets feisty easily). I loved that it helped soothe him while he went to sleep for naps and bedtime. I loved that when he woke up too early, he would have his Beck to soothe back to a calm and restful state. So I was very nervous about putting Beck up. Sam of course has done amazingly well. So proud of him. He understood that Beck had to go "bye-bye" because of his teeth. We went to Toys R Us for Sam to pick out a new night time lovey. He picked out every animal on the shelf. Then he settled on a British Geoff the Giraffe (but an elephant was close second). I thought that was hilarious. We paid for the Giraffe and got to the car. Then Sam had a melt down. He wanted the elephant. I was not about to have this a bad experience. We got out of the car and returned the Giraffe for Elphie the elephant.




Elphie is not Beck. He does not do the job that Beck did. But Sam does like Elphie and he talks to it and he loves on it. It was an emotional day but I think it was positive.

Sam called out for Beck for a week at random times during the night, but now there is no mention of it. Recently Andrew asked about where it was and Sam said "Beck bye'bye" without a care in the world. I guess it was time to get rid of it. He is two.

No comments:

Pageviews last month