Monday, May 6, 2013

Brothers





Andrew and Sam are interacting more and more. It is fun to see them play and be with each other. At mommy and me last week Ms. Madelene asked us to "interview" a mom who we look up to. Whose children are what we hope our children will be like. Unfortunately I don't have anyone that comes to mind for me to "interview" but a friend of mine posted about this book called "Siblings without Rivalries". It is a book that I have been meaning to purchase. Now that Sam is able communicate (a little) I really need to make it a priority to read. That is my wish for my boys to grow up as friends. Sure there will be fighting and jealousy but I want to help them realize it is ok for the other one to succeed and to be happy and for them to be happy for each other. I pray with all my heart and soul they are friends. True friends. I wanted them to be close in age so they would grow up with similar interests.

I know Andrew is little but he did something this past weekend that really made my heart smile. He went to the beach with Owen's parents (I KNOW...by himself). They took Andrew to LuLu's for dinner and bought him a football to play with while they waited for a table. They played and ate and then packed up to go to the condo. As they were leaving Andrew asked them to get a football for Sam. So they did. When we went to get Andrew at their house on Sunday Andrew immediately got the LuLu's bag to give to Sam. Again, it melted my heart. Another wish is for both of them to always think about their brother.

No comments:

Pageviews last month