Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sam is 14 months old

My little man is now a walking toddler...is 14 months a toddler? I don't know but I know he is a toddling around so well.

Sam at Mommy and Me - 14 months old

trying on clothes for Aunt Abby's wedding - 14 months old

Sam is a character. He makes the best facial expressions. He doesn't use alot of words but the boy can communicate. His non-verbals are amazing. Some things he is doing this month are:

* He can clap really good and claps when asked to
* He likes cheerios in the morning and milk all day long. I think he drinks 30 ounces of milk a day.
* He still does not like fruit unless it is in a squeeze pouch. I buy 15 or more of these a week. On weekends he will have 2 or 3 as a snack. I even bring them to school so they can give him an extra snack.
* He is only fussy when he is tired or hungry
* He eats well but is some what picky.
* He will push something out of the way when you give it to him if he doesn't want it. He does this with food too.
* Sam pouts, whines and points for things he wants. We are good with using the word to associate what he wants but he isn't copying us yet.
 * He is getting better at pointing. He can make the point with his finger but he is slow to point out objects when asked.
* He loves Ralphie and calls him RaRa or dog.
* Words he does use are: bird, ball, da (dad), RaRa or dog (ralphie), baby (for any stuffed animal) and I think he is saying ba for bottle (milk)
* He uses a transition cup that looks like a bottle so I think that is why he calls it bottle. I catch myself doing it too but it is a cup. I am trying different cups with him after school to see if he likes something different.
* I have started to bring Sam a cup of milk or juice like I do for Andrew after school. I try to give them same cup b/c Sam is starting to notice things more and likes to have what Andrew has.
* He is a good walker now. Once he took that first step the boy was off with no looking back. It is cute.
* Andrew and Sam are starting to interact more. This past weekend was the first time they "played" with each other. And by play I mean laugh and roll on the floor together. It warmed both mine and Owen's heart.
* He has so many teeth. In fact teething has been hard. He seems to be in a lot of pain and the teeth are coming in so slowly.
* He is wearing 18-24 month clothes
* He has been waking up at 4 am (yes that early) for the last 4 days. I am going to get a bigger overnight diaper to see if that will help. His diaper is overflowing and I know that wakes him up. Then he realizes he is hungry so he drinks a cup (or 2) of milk before I can get him to sleep again. This is a hard to time to wake up for me b/c it is close enough for me to really wake up but still too early to actually get up and get moving. So it's been hard this past week.
* He goes to sleep b/ 6 and 6:30 pm. Our night routine is put his music on, turn his sound machine on, I read a book and he drinks a cup of milk before bed time. I may need to cut some of the milk out too to help with the diaper situation. It's a constant trial and error and our house.
* He takes one nap at school but will still take 2 naps at home on the weekends.
* Sam is a people watcher. He loves to watch his brother. He smiles at strangers and flirts with everyone. He is a happy baby.

I am sure I have left some things out. He is the sweetest baby. He hates when I leave a room and will cry and walk or crawl to find me. It is makes me feel good.

Valentines Day - 13 1/2 months

No comments:

Pageviews last month