Friday, March 15, 2013

Injury of 2013

Well, let's hope this is our only injury of 2013. I bruised my left knee two weeks ago when I fell on it carrying Sam and the diaper bags. It wasn't pretty but it didn't hurt until 2 days later. I was in alot of pain so I made an appointment to see someone about it. But couldn't get in for a week and half. Eventually it was feeling better and I was thinking about canceling the appointment. Until this past Monday. I was on the floor putting Sam's shoes on and when I got up I twisted my left knee all wrong. I heard it tear. It was painful. I was back to square one but this time couldn't wait for the appointment. I called and they were able to see me. The diagnosis is I sprained my MCL. Good news is I don't have to have surgery which is what I thought was going to happen. Bad news is it will take 4-6 weeks for it to really heal. The doctor gave me a brace to wear - which does help, but it is annoying.


Here I am with my brace. Luckily I wear scrubs to work and they are loose enough for the bulky brace to fit under my pants. I don't want to complain too much b/c the brace has helped alot. I can now put weight on that knee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have an injury! :( Glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been! Hope the time goes by fast so you can toss the brace! :)

The Campbells said...

Oh no!! Glad you don't have to have surgery! Hope the time in the brace goes by quickly!

Pageviews last month