Friday, August 31, 2012

Sam at 8 Months







My baby boy is 8 months old. He has figured out that there is more to life than just sitting perfectly still and content in one precious little place :) Which Owen and I have encouraged. Sam wants to reach for everything. His favorite object is my phone. He loves it! He is spinning and rolling over to get around. He gets frustrated about not being able to move exactly where he wants to go.

He is sleeping really well. Sam likes a pacifier and as much as I didn't really want him to like a pacifier it has come in handy in the sleep department. For naps I hold him tight and bounce him and he falls fast asleep. At night I rock him with a bottle and he falls asleep. If by chance he doesn't fall asleep at nap or bedtime I can put him in his crib with his pacifier and he plays with it and falls asleep. I have noticed he doesn't really suck on it, he chews on it.

Sam has 4 teeth - two top and two bottom. All four came in at the same time. He is still drooling and putting his finger in his mouth so I think another one is on its way. He looks different with a tooth visible. His hair is also growing. It looks like it is going to dark blonde or light brown.

He is starting to babble the "da" sound more and more. It does sound like he is saying dada. When I say "I'm momma" his face lights up and he gets so happy. In fact he is one of the happiest babies I know.

He likes to bang toys and make noise. He gets a curious face about things. He watches everything and is beginning to develop his relationship with Ralphie. He smiles so big when Ralphie is around and Sam reaches for him to pet him. Ralphie is NEVER far away from the boys.

He is wearing size 3 diapers and size night time diapers.

Sam still does not like to eat. It is the craziest thing to me. He starts to cry the moment I put him in his high chair. He LOVES his bottle and is quite content with that. He does seem curious about eating and I think he wants to feed himself. I gave him an animal cracker yesterday (the bland ones) and he loved it. He used his 4 new teeth to chomp on it. I am still too timid to give him puffs yet. Maybe we will do that when he is 9 months old.

I can tell his hearing is great after his surgery. He turns and looks at new sounds and voices so much more than he did before the surgery. We go back for his recheck next Wednesday. I am curious to see how the tubes look. Sam has congestion in his sinuses so I want to make sure that drainage isn't going to bother his ears.

We think Sam is a week away from crawling - then our world will be different - in a good way.

We just love him so much and he shows us he loves every day with his happy smiles.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe he's 8 months! Goes by fast!!! He looks like a super happy baby! :)

The Campbells said...

Love his expressions!

Pageviews last month