Friday, August 17, 2012

Successful Surgery for Sam

Yesterday Sam had his ear tube surgery. He did fantastic. He woke up that morning starving and was fussy about not getting to eat (he couldn't eat after midnight b/c of the anesthesia) but by the time we got the outpatient facility he had calmed down. He fell asleep in my arms as we waited for his turn. He was the first patient so we did not have to wait too long. Sam took his shark with him and held onto it tight. The ENT physician said Sam did great. He was able to suck out a thimble full of fluid out of each ear. He said his hearing should be much better and I can already tell it is.

When we got home he took two long naps. For the 3rd nap I held him and we fell asleep on the couch. In mid nap I thought I should check on him and he was staring at me with his wide eyes. It scared me and nap time was over...

He doesn't have much of an appetite but everything else seems to be normal for our little guy.



This is Sam and me waiting for the doctor.



Here is after the 3rd nap - or the attempt at a 3rd nap :) All smiles and still in a great mood.

1 comment:

The Campbells said...

Glad that everything went well! What a tough little guy!

Pageviews last month