Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day 2012



Valentines Day 2012 was a good day for me. Andrew stayed at home so we could go to Mommy and Me together. I brought Sam with me and was nervous about it for two reasons. 1- he hasn't had his 8 week shots yet and 2 - I was worried it would be overwhelming. Well, yes it was overwhelming. Andrew was a WILD man and Sam didn't sleep like I had planned. I take FULL responsibility for Andrew being wild, b/c I thought it would be a good idea to have a Valentine inspired king cake for breakfast (it's like a doughnut - right?)! Well that sugar high lasted until 7 pm.

Yes, it was overwhelming and I questioned myself numerous times during the hour and a half we were at Mommy and Me but the picture of the three of us is the reason I wanted to go. We made memories and I love this picture.

I have had a couple of struggles lately with figuring out how to parent two babies but Valentines Day gave me a little preview that I am doing ok and that Andrew and Sam will have fun memories together. I could cry right now typing this - I am not stable, but working on it. :) I realize I need to chill out and live and enjoy life's moments and even though I tell myself that repeatedly - my instinct is to worry and try to control life - which does not work out. I know this...so the point of me typing this is to remember that sometimes I can be a basket case and to snap back into reality.

So back to reality I go...the boys got new pjs for Valentines Day. Andrew got elmo pjs and Sam got firetruck pjs. Andrew was equally excited for Sam as he was about his own. Andrew also got dinosaur toys and a new plate and cup. Sam got his inchbug labels for his bottles at daycare. They also got sweet cards and happies from Grandmom, Granddad, Aha and Mick!

Here a few more pictures of our Valentines Day





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looking back it was a fun morning! Yes, all the stress is long forgotten after looking at the pictures of everyone:)
I love what you're doing on the side of your page with their month-by-month pictures. So cute!

Pageviews last month