Monday, November 14, 2011

34 weeks Pregnant



I am 34 weeks today! 43 days to go! So there are 41 days until Christmas.

I have been feeling pretty good. This pregnancy has been different in a way where little things have happened that have caused pain or discomfort. Like the sciatic nerve and the iron issues. But other than that I have felt good. I have felt like I can move around and keep up with Andrew. However this weekend - not so much. It is hard to walk. I feel like Sam is going to fall out of me. He is moving around all the time - which I love but he hits my ribs and my bladder a lot. Apparently my nasal passage is very blocked b/c my snoring has been compared to a lumbar jack - personally, I think the jury is still out on that :) This weekend I became extremely tired. I took two naps on Saturday and fell asleep watching the State and Alabama game during the 2nd quarter. Basically when I sit down - I want to sleep.

We got his two Walter Anderson prints and I am going to look at frames today for them. Once we get those in we will start hanging items on his wall.

I have personally been overwhelmed with welcoming a new baby into our life. I know it sounds crazy because I am over joyed with love that we will have a 2nd son but scared to death at the same time. To say I have been stressed about this is an understatement. It consumes most of my thoughts during the day and night. But this weekend while in church I got an overwhelming sense of peace and clarity that everything will work out. I am taking that peace and running with it. We have so much to be thankful for and having Thanksgiving and Christmas in the same season as our new baby is a blessing. I am making an effort to stop and look at the big picture of our life and am so thankful for everything we have, for our families, for our sweet Andrew and for the moment when we get to meet Samuel. I can't wait to hear his cry, see his face, hold him, nurse him, and love him. I can't wait for Andrew to meet Sam and hopefully watch those two have friendship like no other. I would be lying if I didn't say I am still uneasy about the unknown but I am no longer stressed by it. I am so thankful that I can listen to God and that I know he does speak to me in little ways. He is behind this miracle and is trusting me with another human being. I am grateful for his confidence in Owen and me.

So here is to 43 days of waiting and praying for continued peace, love and harmony as we enter into the 2011 holiday season and Sam's birthday.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hang in there! I remember feeling similarly with Avery and it being hard to walk. No fun! Slow down and let people do things for you. I know it is hard when you have a toddler! Thinking of you and praying for you lots!

Pageviews last month