Thursday, December 2, 2010

It is here

I don't even know how to begin this post. I am so emotional and it is all happy emotions - I promise. Tomorrow is the big 01 for my baby boy. I am not working tomorrow so I won't have a chance to post my birthday boy's 12 month picture. We will be taking one though.

Since Thanksgiving I have been remembering little things from this time last year. I thought Andrew was going to be born Thanksgiving weekend - he wasn't. But every time I went out in public I feared my water breaking. So silly I know...but I was so anxious of the unknown. He was born on a Thursday. My mom came to town on Wednesday so Tuesday Owen and I went out to eat for our last meal as a family of 2. We had to sit at a table instead of a booth (which is typically our favorite) because I could no longer fit into a booth. It was one of the best meals and I remember it so fondly. Our conversations were about our nerves and what our life was about to be like. That dinner was on 12/1. This year on 12/1 Owen and I were decorating our house so Santa can come and visit our baby boy on Friday. Yes...you read that right Santa himself is coming to our house to meet Andrew one more time. I can't wait. I got him Christmas PJs for the event and can't wait to take pictures. This year my parents are coming on his birthday so they can celebrate with him and go to his party on the 4th. I am in complete shock that 365 days have passed already. Andrew changes daily and is a constant joy for me. He is a dream that has come true. He was my wish upon a star, my wish when the clock has the same numbers (e.i 2:22), and he was my wish when I blow out birthday candles. Last night as I was swaying him to sleep I thanked God for my answered prayer. I told Andrew last night he was sent to me from God and St. Andrew stamped the envelope. I feel extremely blessed during this holiday season.

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Campbells said...

This made me cry! I am so happy you got your wish. You are an incredible mommy, and Andrew is lucky to have you. :-)

Pageviews last month