Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What a week...

What a week this past week has been. Forgive me if this post sounds negative...that is not my intention, but geez have we had a week (or longer).

I guess it all started Christmas day (definitely longer than a week ago) when we came home from Owen's parents house. Owen walked in our bedroom and noticed we had a hole in our roof (have i posted about this...I am loosing my mind). Anyways, we have a hole in our bedroom. Luckily the sheetrock guy came today and he will be finished with the patch job on Friday. Then we have to have the painter come and paint our ceiling.

On Sunday (not this past Sunday, but last), Owen went to the after hours clinic for a sinus infection. While there we think he got the flu, because on Thursday he went to his doctor and was diagnosed with the flu! So I called Andrew's pediatrician who told me Owen had to be quarantined until his fever broke. So Owen lived upstairs in our house for 3 days. He couldn't help with Andrew, with household chores, etc...I felt like I was never stopping with trying to keep up with our house and baby and Owen. It was exhausting.

So New Year's Eve comes around. I knew we would have a laid back one, but I didn't realize I would be spending it alone with my baby and with out a husband. Andrew and I went to sleep at 9:35 and woke up again at 1:00 am. So I missed the grand entrance into the New Year. I used to think the way you spent New Year's Eve was the way your year would go. I am happy to think 2010 will be about Andrew and family, but I hope it doesn't mean we will have a sickly 2010.

The week doesn't stop...one day this weekend (Friday, I think) I sat down in the living room to watch a football game and realized our new TV (we have only had it for 45 days) broke. It wouldn't turn on at all. I was then bound to our bedroom so I could watch TV.

Then on Saturday night I notice our sweet Andrew had a hard time sleeping b/c he kept coughing. We got a humidifier for the room in order to help prevent him from getting the flu or a cold and I think the humidifier helped break up some congestion in Andrew and me b/c now we have sinus issues. The good news is neither of us have a fever. Andrew doesn't seem to be bothered - he is still eating, sleeping and using the bathroom so the pediatrician's nurse told me to just let it run its course. Easier said than done, b/c it is so sad to see your almost 5 week old cough or have a stuffy nose.

Andrew has gotten so big. Today I put him in his swing and he actually interacted with the music and toys that hang down. He also doesn't look so small in the swing anymore. It amazes me how he changes every day.

Oh update on TV...when Owen felt better on Sunday he went to exchange the living room TV so we are back to normal.

Well that recaps what has been happening in the Munton household :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Telena said...

Y'all sound like us!! I've never been more happy to return to work for normalcy..our break was crazy with sickness, surgery, etc. If it's not one thing, it's another!! Hope you guys stay well and enjoy that sweet baby boy!! :)

Pageviews last month