Thursday, September 27, 2012

Andrew spends the night out

Owen had his sinus surgery last Thursday. It went well and definitely needed to be done but the recovery has been hard. He is miserable and is in a lot of pain. He can't help with the boys right now so it has been a long week. Luckily Owen's parents live in our neighborhood and they offered to help us this past weekend. They have been there to pick the kids up from school and on Saturday they took Andrew to his cousins soccer game for the morning. After the game they had lunch and came back home so Andrew could take a nap. After his nap they came back over to pick him for a spend the night party. We had been talking about them doing this for a while. We thought Andrew was ready for it. This past Saturday was the perfect time. He helped me pack his back. Andrew took his blanket, mickey mouse and reindeer pillow pet. He gave me a hug and Owen knuckles and off he went. I couldn't believe it. He does love spending time with Aha and Mick. They spoil him :) I checked on him via texts and all was going well. I really wanted to call and tell him good night but didn't. Aha told me he took a long fun bath and they read stories, said their prayer and sang the "I love you" song. This is what we do at home so that made me smile inside. He went to sleep around 9 and woke up at 6:30 am. They never called me to come get him. I just knew they were going to call me. I slept with my phone.

Here is Andrew and Mick sharing an apple together. Andrew went to the grocery store with Aha and he picked out an apple. Then he asked Aha if he could get one for Mick too.




I was good all day Saturday and even Saturday night. Sam was an only child for the night and that was nice too. He got to have a bath all by himself and play with all the toys. Sam has never taken a bath by himself!



But then Sunday morning came and I missed Andrew so badly. He is now my alarm clock. He comes in and wakes me up in the mornings. He is up and ready to go in the mornings and even though I thought I would like the calm morning, I didn't. I missed my sweet little boy.

Owen called his parents that morning to check on things. They wanted to take Andrew to church - so we made plans to meet up for lunch after church. Sam and I got there first and when Andrew came around the corner to see us all he said was "I'm back"! Really...no MOM I'VE MISSED YOU!!! Good news is he had a great time and has asked to back to spend the night! :) So happy he gets this special time with Aha and Mick.

No comments:

Pageviews last month