Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sam strikes again

Last night Andrew had a baseball game. The games are fun and his team is doing really well. They have lost all of their games except one...but they are playing hard and really coming together as a team.

Luckily this year there are several younger siblings that come to the games too. They all play with each other (running all over the place). It is a secure park and we know so many people there that I have a sense of safety. So Sam was running around with the other siblings and then I hear his cry. I start looking for him and the other siblings are rushing him towards me. Sam has blood coming from his head...it is all over his shirt and he has a nervous/hurt cry and look on his face. I immediately rush him to the bathroom to clean him up and to see where the blood is coming from. He had a cut on his head that luckily is a small scrap and nothing serious. But it scared me so much. And other mommas jumped right in to help me. Giving me towels and going to get ice from the concession stand. It does take a village. Sam got over it and was back to being a wild child. I am not sure I can emotional handle any more scraps and bumps but I know I have too...he is all boy.

After we all calmed down - we learned that a player from another team was running with his batting helmet on and did not see Sam. They collided and Sam hit the other kids helmet. The other kid did not stop and just kept running. So innocent mistake.

No comments:

Pageviews last month