Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sam's potty training update

Do you remember when Andrew was potty training? Do you remember the couple of posts about when is it going to click with Andrew? Will Andrew be able to go to Pre-K if he is not potty trained? Yes, those thoughts are still so fresh in my mind. But then there comes the baby. Our baby Sam. He is a different child. Everyone tells you children are different. But do you believe them?? The answer is YES - you do believe them because it is true. Every child is different.

I have not posted about Sam potty training because well...he has been wearing underwear to school since this summer. He takes naps at school in his underwear. He has had maybe 3 accidents at school.

He wears pull ups at home b/c Owen and I are not good at remembering to take him to the potty. But this tide is turning. I have noticed over the past few soccer weekends that Sam is telling me when we are out in public that he has to go to bathroom. I have noticed every time we come home his pull up is dry.

He is not good at #2 on the potty but still good for a 2 1/2 year old. It just takes too long for this busy bee child of ours. He doesn't like to sit still.

Sam is also my big milk drinker. So I have started a new tactic at home with him. He can only get milk if he goes to the bathroom. Surprisingly this is helping with me remembering to take him to the bathroom at home (because he wants milk 50 times a day). Pull ups are not off the Wal-Mart list yet...but we are moving in that direction.

He is a smart child and we love him.

No comments:

Pageviews last month