Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sam in the morning

Ever since Sam started opening doors, he wakes up really early. 5:00 am early. He used to scream for me - waking up the whole house. But now he knows to come and get me. Between 5:00 and 5:30 am, Sam comes to our room. He quietly says "mom". Sometimes touches my leg to wake me. He is the sweetest in these wee hours of the morning. I pull him in bed and we lay for 5 minutes until he is ready to watch Fireman Sam. Sam does not watch tv. But the thought of getting to pick his show is thrilling. Because we flip between Fireman Sam and Barney. I am half a wake and hoping to keep sleeping on the couch while he drinks milk and "watches" tv. I say "watch" because Sam does not sit still long enough to actually watch it. But he does cuddle and I love it. It's our time. I know it is early and by 8:30 pm I am so tired...but it is one of those things that I am ok with. I love that he is now quiet in the mornings and comes to get me while the rest of the house sleeps another hour.

He is my sweetest of sweet Sam!

No comments:

Pageviews last month