Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3 Years ago...I became Mrs. Owen Munton

Today is Owen and my 3 year anniversary. It is fun to look back at how much has happened in three years. I think our lives are full of happiness and family. We became a family three years ago but having Andrew in our life I really feel like we are a family because our little unit now has a mom, dad and son. Our wedding weekend is some what of a blur to me. I felt blessed with many friends and family coming into town for our ceremony. Friends from high school, college, & graduate school came to Hattiesburg to celebrate with us. Owen and I are planners so I didn't feel the stress of things not being planned, but also since I delegated on some things I don't feel like I really noticed the small details, in particular the reception. I do know one hit of the reception was my dad's home brewed beer. It was a highlight. Owen's family hosted the rehearsal dinner and it was amazing. No detail was left unturned. His dad gave a wonderful toast. Oh and the bridesmaid luncheon was like nothing I could have dreamed of. Owen's mom, sister and sister-in-law put so much time and thought into the lunch. I really felt special and loved.

Owen and I celebrated our anniversary on Saturday. We were going to a wedding reception so since we were dressing up decided to go to dinner first. We went to the restaurant we have gone to for the past 2 years. It is now becoming our anniversary tradition. We reminisced on our first anniversary dinner...his dad bought us a bottle of wine which was a surprise and treat. Last year, I was pregnant so we didn't get wine. At that dinner we talked about the future and what we thought our life would be like with a little one in it. This year we are finding our new normal with being parents and finding the time plus energy to enjoy a night out with just us. It was odd not having Andrew with us. We still eat out quite a bit and take Andrew with us. Not having to look over at a baby carrier to make sure Andrew is happy and entertained was odd. All in all it was nice and I am very happy to be where I am in life. I have prayed for a long time to be a wife and a mother. Those prayers and dreams have come true and the real blessing is I get to live in my prayer and dreams forever now.

Enjoy a look back to memory lane...


Our Save the Date picture...picture taken in Rome. Owen asked me to marry him on this trip.


Our engagement picture


This is me trying on my wedding dress...I knew immediately this would be the dress


My bridesmaids and me at my bachelorette party


A picture of the bridesmaid luncheon table. We had this at my mother in law's house


A picture of my bridesmaid and me at the lunch.
(from left to right: Laura Beth (college friend), Claire (high school friend), Anne (Maid of Honor and cousin), Melanie (college friend), Dara (college friend), me and Abby (sister-in-law)


Owen and Me during our wedding toast


My college friends and me at the reception

2 comments:

Telena said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the post and the pictures! :)
It was great seeing you yesterday. It shouldn't be so long next time!! :)
Love ya,
Telena

The Campbells said...

Happy Anniversary! Your post was so sweet! I'm so happy that all of your dreams are coming true. Owen and Andrew are lucky to have your in their lives. I loved looking at the pictures! I know it was a big blur, but we all had a wonderful time with you that weekend. Love you!

Pageviews last month