Monday, January 26, 2009

Grandmom's 82nd Birthday

This past Saturday I went to Mobile for my Grandmom's 82nd birthday party. She had a ladies luncheon at the Battlefield Inn located in Downtown Mobile. The Battlefield Inn is a historic building in Mobile and we were given a tour of the history after our lunch. The hotel had a whispering room where you whisper into a wall and a person can hear you on the other side of the room listening at a different wall. It was pretty amazing. After lunch my mom and I went shopping. Mobile has its Mardi Gras decorations out and I was able to get a door decoration for our front door. Hattiesburg also decorates for Mardi Gras. I just love this time of year!



Grandmom and Emma (my goddaughter)



Right side of the table: my mom, me, Aunt Ruth, Grandmom, Gene (family friend), Aunt Ibby
Left side of the table: Emma, Nellie, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Mary, Sharon (family friend)



Grandmom (82 years old) and her sister Aunt Ruth (90 years old)

1 comment:

Telena said...

How sweet! Sounds like you had fun! Your mom hasn't aged a bit!:) I remember Nellie, is Emma her daughter?

Pageviews last month